We love our view -- just 50 feet from Lake Leelanau, we have a great view all day long. Our sunsets are particularly beautiful. We have a dock, fantastic front yard that includes a fire pit, two kayaks, and a stand up paddle board.
Besides the 3 bedrooms, we also have two sleeping lofts that allow our guests to accommodate large gatherings with everyone having their own space. We also have a wonderful outdoor shower that is refreshing and a private way to bathe and enjoy the lake view.
Acesso de hóspedes
The backyard is spacious with plenty of parking. The front yard (the lake side) includes use of the fire pit, kayaks, and a stand up paddle board. Take a boat into Lake Leelanau via the narrows, just a short distance away. Or, go for an adventure up the Leland River and enjoy all that the famous fish town has to offer.
Interação com hóspedes
We are lifelong locals to the area and we are happy to help point you in the direction of our favorite places to enjoy the beauty and great food of our area. Our house is in a quiet neighborhood with great neighbors -- perfect for a summer get away.
Outras coisas a ter em conta
We generally have change overs on Saturdays. Check In is 4pm on Saturday afternoon, Check Out is 10am the following Saturday morning.
Rental Agreement (as of 8/1/2016)
This Short Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement") is made by and between (“Homeowner") and(“Guest") as of (date of booking). By the Guest staying on property, they accept and agree to the terms below. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Property: The property is located at:
Lake Leelanau, MI 49653
The property is furnished and includes appliances, utensils, towels, and bed linens.
2. Rental Party: The rental party shall consist of no more than 14 persons.
3. Maximum Occupancy: As per the initial booking, the maximum number of guests is limited to 14 persons, which does not include one infant if the guest asks to have the portable crib included with the rental.
The Guests shall not sublet the property.
4. Term of the Lease: The lease begins at 4 p.m. on (the “Check-in Date") and ends at 10 a.m. on (the “Checkout Date"). Please note that this checkout time is required for our turn over for our next guests, so any later than 10am will not be permitted.
5. Minimum Stay: This property requires a 7 night minimum stay. If a rental is taken for less than 7 days, the guest will be charged the 7-night rate.
6. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
7. Check in/Check Out: Guests will check in using the side door of the garage using the security code given to them by the owner.
Guest shall maintain the premises in a good, clean, and ready to rent condition, and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. The guests shall leave the premises in a ready to rent condition at the expiration of the rental agreement, defined by the Homeowners as being immediately habitable by the next guests with the exception of linens and toilets. Guests will place any dirty dishes into the dishwasher and run the cycle at the end of their stay. Guests will empty the trash and place it in the bin outdoors at the end of their stay.
Guests shall pay for maintenance and repairs should the premises be left in a lesser condition. The guests agree that the Homeowners shall deduct costs of said services from the security deposit prior to refund if guests cause damage to the premises or its furnishings.
The Guests shall pay for any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear.
8. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner. The Homeowners have the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the Guests violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Guests waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Guests shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement.
9. Rental Rate and Fees
Rental Agreement Deposit: A deposit of half the rental rate is due at time of booking to secure the property. The other half of the payment is due 30 days before arrival. If booking less than 30 days in advance of the Check In date, the full payment is due at time of booking.
The Security Deposit: A $500.00 deposit is required for security and shall also be paid 30 days before arrival. If booking is less than 30 days prior to Check In Date, the Security Deposit must be paid at time of booking. The Security Deposit shall be refunded within 7 days of the Checkout Date provided no deductions are made due to:
i. minor damage to the property or furnishings;
ii. dirt or other mess requiring excessive cleaning; or
iii. any other cost incurred by Homeowner due to Guest's stay.
Additionally, the $99.00 insurance policy is required in case of major property damage and is not refundable.
Please note that the applicable taxes will also be collected. At this time, that rate is 6%.
10. Cancellation Policy:
There are no refunds (aside from the security deposit) once payment is made.
11. Utilities: Cable TV and Internet Access are available for guest use. There is not telephone service available at the property, so a mobile phone is highly recommended.
Heat or Air Conditioning, should the guest need it, is available using the furnace thermostat located on the living room wall. Guests will not alter the previously fixed temperatures but may temporarily adjust them so that they can be more comfortable. Please note that the Guest is not permitted to use the indoor wood burning stove. If the Guest chooses to use the air-conditioning, windows and doors must remain closed while it is on. The house is set to circulate air at the beginning of the stay, which will allow for the most comfortable conditions. Please note that the ceiling fan in the kitchen & dining room area is to remain on to allow the loft areas to be as comfortable as the rest of the house.
Cable TV is provided and service level has been chosen by the Homeowner. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, or personal preferences with regard to cable TV service. Additionally, Guest will not purchase on-demand movies, music, tv-shows or other content through the cable service. If these items are purchased, the cost will be deducted from the security deposit.
High speed wireless internet is provided as a convenience only and is not integral to the agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to internet service. The internet network for guests use is “Guest Network" and the password will be provided to guests upon check in.
12. Trash: Guests shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner and put the trash in the bin provided outdoors during their stay for pickup. The trash hauler has requested that the handles be placed towards the road when putting the bin at the end of the driveway. Trash must be bagged before put in the bin. Wednesday morning the garbage is picked up from the curb. Guest will roll bin to the end of the driveway on Tuesday evening and bring rolling bin back onto the property after the Wednesday pick-up. Guest is cautioned not to leave trash outside of the bin for long periods of time because it attracts animals.
Recycling: There is not specific curbside recycling in Leelanau County. However, our trash handler will recycle glass, paper, cardboard and plastic (numbers 1-7) if the recyclable items that are clean and placed in a clear plastic bag in the trash bin provided. We have left a separate receptacle for this purpose in the hallway closet next to the washer and dryer.
Returnables: MI law states that sodas, beer, and any other carbonated beverage in a can or bottle purchased from a store in Michigan must be charged $0.10 per item. These items can be returned to stores for a refund of this deposit. Guests will not place these items in the trash. Instead, a bin has been provided for these items that Guest will use should they not want to return the bottles or cans to the store.
13: Pets/Animals: No animals or pets of any kind will be brought onto the premises.
14. Behavior Expectations: The Guests shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. The Guests shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners, including loud music or fireworks. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and Guests shall then immediately vacate the premises. Quiet time starts at 10 PM until 7am and during that time, outdoor noise should be kept to a minimum.
15. Smoking: There shall be no smoking inside the premises. Smoking is permitted outside the home, provided that smoking paraphernalia is properly disposed of outside of the home. Guests will not leave cigarette butts or other items used for smoking in the fire pit or on the property lawn.
16. Items included: Homeowner shall provide towels, linens, cups, knives, forks, spoons, dishes, and other items as commonly used by the Homeowner's family. A limited amount of toilet paper, soap, dish detergent, trash bags, and laundry soap are provided, but other consumables are to be purchased by the guests. No reimbursement will be made for unused consumables left at the premises. If consumables exist at the premises when the Guest arrives, the Guest is free to use them.
17. Hold Harmless: The Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Homeowner against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Guests expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Homeowner may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Guests, and that Guests should purchase their own insurance for Guests and Guests if such coverage is desired.
18. Occupancy: Guests expressly acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Guests do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
19. Weather/“Acts of God": We rarely experience outages or environmental hazards that are beyond our control. Homeowners will report outages as each occurs and will work with Guests as much as is reasonable to rectify such issues. No refunds or compensation will be given for any outages.
There shall be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions.
Additionally, There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies or other commitments.
20. Water Safety: It is the guest's responsibility to learn about safety precautions, warning signs of water conditions, and safety procedures concerning swimming in or being around the lake. Guest agrees to have a responsible adult supervising minors while they swim in the lake. Guest is hereby notified that the lake can be dangerous and guest accepts fully the risks involved. Guest is further notified to be cautious when exiting the front of the home as the lake is approximately 50 (fifty) feet from the home. Though there are lights marking the water's edge, there are no rails to prevent a fall into the lake. There is no diving or jumping off the dock.
21. Firearms: There are no guns or firearms permitted on the property at any time.
22. Fireworks: Guest agrees that Fireworks and other hazardous materials shall not be used in, or around, the property at any time. Use of fireworks shall cause termination of this agreement and no refund will be given.
23. Legal Use of Property: Guest shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc.; shall cause termination of this agreement with no refund of rents or deposits.
24. Owner's storage: Guest agrees not to access the Owner's storage, even if unlocked, which contains cleaning supplies and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults.
The Guests will not use the Homeowner's closet, defined as the area above the garage, the stand alone freezer, the pantry next to the kitchen, the closet under the stairs, the china cabinet, the wood cabinets next to and underneath the television, and the boat house. Accessing any of these areas, locked or unlocked, is a violation of the Agreement and will forfeit the security deposit.
25. Electric/Gas Powered Items: Guest is advised that the property contains a gas stove and cook top, gas heating, gas grill, and other gas powered items and will seek help from management if the proper operation of such items is not fully understood.
26. Fire Extinguisher: The property has a fire extinguisher installed near the kitchen area. The fire extinguisher was fully charged at last inspection. It is the duty of the guest to inform the Homeowner immediately should the fire extinguisher become less than fully charged. Guest agrees to use the fire extinguisher only for true emergencies and to notify the Homeowner immediately if used.
27. Fire alarms & Carbon monoxide Alarm: The property has fire alarms and a carbon monoxide detector installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Guest will notify management without delay if a fire alarm “chirps" or has a low battery condition.
28. Security: Guest shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows, etc. when it's prudent to do so. Guests will lock the sliding door and the side door of the garage at the end of their stay using the keypad provided.
29. Valuables: Valuable items left behind by guest will be held for the guest and every reasonable effort will be made to contact the guest for return. If items are not claimed for longer than 6 months they shall become the property of the Homeowner. The Homeowner shall not be held liable for condition of said items.
30. Dishes: Guest agrees to leave kitchen area clean and place used dishes in the dishwasher and run the cycle with the appropriate soap at the end of their stay. The Homeowner agrees to provide some supplies to clean dishes but if the Guest requires more than what is provided, they will purchase it themselves.
31. Towels/Linens: Homeowner agrees to provide clean towels and bed linens at the beginning of the time of stay, but if the Guests require the linens to be cleaned beyond what is provided, they will need to launder them during their stay.
Guests agree that they will put used towels and linens on the floor of the laundry area before they check out.
32. Clocks and China Cabinet: Guests will not wind, set or open glass on the clocks or open the China Cabinets.
33. Toys, Books, and Playhouse: Homeowners agree to allow Guests access to the Playhouse and the use of children's toys and games on the premises. Guests will leave the Toys, Books, and Playhouse in the same state that they were found.
34. Fire Circle/Wood burning stove: Guest agrees that the use of the fire circle is at the Guest's own risk. Guest agrees that fires will not be left unattended and that the Guest will extinguish the fire before they leave it.
Firewood is limited to the wood on the top row of the wood pile near the firepit. Guests are responsible for additional firewood to be purchased on their own. The large stack of wood is off limits for guests.
Please note that the indoor wood burning stove is off limits to guests.
35. Water Crafts: The Guests do not have access to the Pontoon Boat or the Personal Water Crafts other than the kayaks or stand up paddle board. They may use their own boats or bring a rental boat to the property for their own use. The homeowners are not responsible for the Guests' personal or rental boat nor any damages that may occur during the Guests' stay. Should any damage occur to the homeowners' property, the repair or replacement cost will be deducted from the damage deposit, the travel insurance claim, or both.
36. Septic: The property has a septic system that will only process appropriate waste from the toilets and sinks. Guests will not flush anything other than toilet paper down the drain. Should the owner need to call a plumber to resolve an issue that was caused by improper use of the toilet by the Guests, the Guests will be charged from the security deposit, the travel insurance claim, or both.
37. Miscellaneous: Should the Guests have any issues with their stay, they will contact the Homeowner to attempt to fix the problem.
A lifelong resident of Northwest Lower Michigan, I have loved living in this part of the world. I love that we have all four seasons, but summer is my favorite, and I think it is the best time to visit our area. Whether you like high end food or outdoor activities or just relaxing next to the fire on the beach, our area is a vacationer's dream.
We love to host people and we work hard to make sure people feel welcome in our home and that our home fits the needs of our travelers.
Personally, we love to travel to big cities, eat great food (especially Indian and Japanese), but we can't stay away too long from this area, where our commutes pass by multiple beautiful lakes, ending with our favorite, North Lake Leelanau.