The History Of “The Tavern”
In 1790, Henry Hinton was granted permission by the Court to build a tavern,” … 30 yards from the east door of the Court House.” By 1798, the Clerk’s Office, still standing and immediately across from the tavern, was erected. Now all of the business of the County was conducted here and the tavern was a popular stopping off place for refreshment.
The building appears much as it must have so very long ago. Through the years there have been repairs, additions and modifications, but as shown in an 1809 Survey Map, it has always been a two story house. Huge hand hewn timbers are visible in the basement as the remnants of an early wine cellar.
TV por Cabo
Regras da Casa
All information is provided in each suite.