• Nearby the Medieval town of Sarlat • In a peaceful area despite the affluence in summer , in our farm XIXe, enjoy an independent & Cosy Guest House 60m2/645Sqft for 4 Pers 3 Bedrooms 1 Bathroom +/-20m2 +/- 2 Pers • + Heated Pool (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)°F, treated with salt •
• In Our Traditional Farm of the Périgord, 15mn far from the famous town of Sarlat & easily reachable only 15mn far from motorway & Railway station. We invite you to stay in a Guest House, nestled in the middle of the woods.
• This house is built along a path, on a hillside on over 7 acres of land, half fenced fields, half woodland, in a very very very quiet area despite the affluence in summer with so many touristic sights around. This property has no neighbours for 500m around, so it's the right place to enjoy the silence interrupted only by birdsong or to admire the starry night sky, which is unpolluted by urban lights. Ideal hideaway for romantic holidays, with wood surround and a clear view of the Dordogne valley and our heated pool (5x10m, treated with salt, (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)° F from May to October)
• With several independent buildings in our farm, on one or two levels, we can offer you flexible solutions of accommodation depending on how many rooms you need.
4 different configurations:
Guest House for 1 or 2 adults & 1 or 2 children
(60m2/645 Sqft, Week 770 to 1330€)
Cottage (4 Stars Standard) completely independent of our house with:
- On ground floor (45m2/485SqFt) a Living room with a Fireplace, a Kitchenette, a Dining corner, a Private terrace, a Double Bedroom (Queen size bed) with enough room for a Baby travel cot, Air Cond. Flat Tv & Dvd player, Bathroom with a Shower an a large washbasin, separate toilets.
+15m2/160SqFt Upstairs Bedrooms for 1 or 2 children, with 1 single bed & 2 double beds for teenagers + Baby-phone for the kids not used to live in a house on several floors.
2/ COCOON Ground floor only this House
(45m2/485Sqft Week 560€ to 1 120€)
For 1 or 2 Persons, Double Bedroom, Bathroom with a shower, Separate toilettes, Living room, & Fireplace, kitchenette & Private Terrace
If you don't need the bedrooms upstairs, they won't be rent to another family during your stay to preserve your tranquillity. For ground floor & 1 bedroom for 2 Pers. only, subtract 210€ to the tariff of this house for a stay of one week, or subtract 30€ per night
3/ B&B AURORA an Extra Double Bedroom, +20m2/215SqFt for 1 or 2 persons, with a Double and a Single Bed, in another independent building on the other side of the court, with a bathroom (shower, washbasin & separate toilets). That way for 2 Couples each one will have its own bathroom. + Tv & Dvd player, Fan. (For this Extra Bedroom + Ground floor of the Gite for 4 persons our Tariff is still the same. For 5/6 Persons tariff from 980 to 1680€ per Week & house linen, cleaning at the end of your stay included as well)
Considering the size of the kitchenette, dining area and dishes available for the comfort of each one this guest house is ideal for 4 persons max. Our Rental may be suitable for 5 or 6 persons only in summer with the extra bedroom and when you can use the potential of the exteriors: the field round the house, the terraces with barbecue and plancha. But in case of less favourable climatic conditions, With a table inside made for 4/5 persons children may have their meals first OR you may have to exploit the potential of all the wonderful gastronomic restaurants we have around here (all the best ones are mentioned in a notebook available in the gite) OR we will put at your disposal the large dining room of our Guest table for 12 sets
4/ Another alternative for larger families: This house can be combined with our other cottages for 8+2 persons on the other side of our property. These two rentals are sufficiently distant to preserve privacy of each one but close enough to organize a get-together for a all family
Our Accommodations are classified as a 4 stars standard by the Tourism Office (who control our cottages every 5 years) to guarantee the quality of its comfort; our decoration & services to ensure that our houses are conform to their description
Our Accommodations are typical houses of the Périgord built in XIXe century, with wild walls made of stones (but all the size of the rooms we mention you are interior surfaces) that's why they are naturally cool in summer, and with reasonable volumes they can be correctly heatable in the inter-season with electric radiators in all the rooms and with enclosed fireplaces very powerful enough to warm the entire house & with wood a your disposal beside the house
TARIFF ALL INCLUDED
• All Inclusive Taxes, Vat & Charges (Electricity, Heating (in between the 1st of Oct. & the 15th of May) Water & Wood for Fireplaces)
• Tourist Tax offered (1,10 € per night & per person)
• Digressive rates with the length of the stay and depending on the season (from 1 Week from 770 to 1330€)
• For Long Stays discount of -10% for 2 weeks & more all round the year, and Outside the High Season more important discounts -35% for 3 Weeks & -50% for 4 weeks & more, the way to enjoy this area a 4 weeks for the price of 2.
• We accept Week-Ends and short stays in May
• Flexible day of arrival & departure outside high season (July & August) & school holidays
• House completely detached and for the exclusive use of your family
• True house 4 Stars Standard and not juts a Dormitory
• House well equipped with appliances, Furniture New or in good condition
• Matching Crockery
• All House Linen provided at No Extra Charge (a Bathrobe, a Bath Towel & a Flannel per person, Sheets, Tablecloth, Tea Towels… Non-allergic Duvet & Pillows)
• Beds will be made
• All Items for Babies provided at no extra cost ( 2 Travel Cots, High chair, Baby Phone, ...)
• Starter Pack of Grocery & Cleaning Products, Toilet Paper provided
• Cleaning at the End of the Stay Included too
• Books, Documentation about the Périgord, Maps, Post cards, Video tapes, Cd's, Candles, Notebook with indications about all the equipment of the house. However living close to the gite and working at home, we are always at your disposal if you need advices for something
• Notebook with all the address of the best restaurants we recommend you
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED
• For more than capacity of each accommodation fee of 25€ per night & per person sleeping in the gite & 10€ per night & per person to camp in the garden.
• Hours of cleaning during your stay (22€ per hour charges included)
• Half Board on request only with a participation of 25€ per person & per meal for an aperitif a starter a main course a dessert & 2 drinks) & 15€ for children under 12 years old
• On request only informing us 24h before, Continental Breakfast round our guest table in-between 8.30 & 10.30am for a cost of 5€ per person and 10€ for sweet-salty breakfast.
• Twice-weekly deliveries of Bread, Croissants, Fresh Milk & Organic Yoghurts from the Farm, if require… for you not to jump into the car as soon as you wake up
• Guide tours with a car (our monospace for 7 passengers or 2CV) and a driver So if you don't feel confident driving at night we can take you to the restaurant (0,60€ per kilometers done).
• I.T. Courses Photography, Cooking courses depending on the planning of the chef, on request and quote.
Acesso de hóspedes
• Internet High Speed Wifi Access, Free & Unlimited, for all free websites, in the Houses and in the Garden
• Cats, Dogs & Horses round the Gipsy Caravan welcome with No Daily Charge`
• Free Access to the Laundry in the Cellar of the farm
• To our Pool
- Free access to our Heated Pool 5x10m from May to Oct. to 28 to 32°C/82 to 99°F
- Filtration with salt
- Protected with a rigid cover & fenced field.
- Private pool means Unsupervised swimming, so a parent should ALWAYS stay around the pool to watch children swimming.
- It has to be shared only with a few persons (1 or 2 families at least staying in the other gites), but even at the High Season (in the early days of August) we are not going to the swim at the same time, so most of the time it’s for the exclusive use of a family.
- In our village we've more than 20 pools, so our neighbours do not all come to swim at home.
- & with lot of space round the pool, and it's always very quiet there.
- We live in such a quiet atmosphere, that’s the reason why we've chosen to build the pool not too close to the houses, for someone who likes to dive into might be possible, without bothering the one who wants to have a nap.
- The Pool has a Powerful pomp & when the filtration is on, 15h a day, you can stay in front for massages or swim against the current
• In the courtyard of the Farm, the Veranda, the Barbecue, the 2 Planchas & the 2 Parkings have to be shared with the other guests.
Interação com hóspedes
• Working from Home & living in the main farm, we are available through-out your stay if you need any advice and help
• Tea, Coffee, Chocolate … at your disposal in the gite & Welcome Basket provided for your 1st Breakfast
• To make your installation easier, we invite you to share our Dinner on the day of your arrival (for all Stays of minimum one week) OR if exhausted by a long trip, we can provide de Picnic Basket at your disposal in your accommodation.
• Free animation: Karaoke OR Private Concerts (Jazz, Blues, Soul… evenings by the pool on Mondays 21h30/23h30 for Offered for All Stays of 2 weeks and more booked before the 1st of April
Outras coisas a ter em conta
THE REASON WHY YOU CAN TRUST OURSELVES
• Already 10 years of experience in renting our houses !
• Many Families who return every year
• Real Reviews based on the impressions of families who really stayed in our accommodations
• Our 4 stars classification,
• Our registration on the website of our village Simeyrols,
• A Copy of our electricity bills can be sent as a proof that we are the owners of this farmhouse.
• Our Siret number in the French Commercial Register,
• Our listings and website very detailed for the most accurate vision of our accommodations,
• Our Pages on Social Network more about our houses and the Périgord, than personal information, because taking care of this property is already a full-time job, so we do not have any more personal life !
• Our personal & detailed answers to your emails, so no agency in between us to talk about houses without knowing them
• Our Availability, every day from 8am to 23h to answer truthfully to any questions, to guarantee that our accommodations match to your expectations
• We are living here all around the year, means that we are there all the time for a daily maintenance of our houses, to guarantee that our houses are in good conditions at the beginning of the season as well that at the end of the season.
• And the investment of 3 generations, over 60years of work to bring back these houses to life
• Pendant des années, photographe ayant travaillé dans l'édition en région parisienne, c'est avec empressement que nous revenions au bercail pour nos trop rares vacances, chagrinés tout le chemin du retour tellement l'espace, la lumière, le calme, les collines, les senteurs, les saisons de notre Dordogne allaient nous manquer dans un univers de macadam. Maintenant qu'eau, électricité et même Internet haut débit arrivant enfin au fond des Bois, le télétravail se développant, nous avons décidé de mettre notre cadre de vie en adéquation avec nos aspirations ; Et c'est avec joie que nous vous invitons maintenant à partager notre ferme, un cadre familial et convivial.
• For many years working as a photographer in Paris, we were in hurry to come back home for too rare and too shorts holidays. On the way back to Paris we were crying most of the time thinking how the space, the light, peaceful landscapes, the hills, the seasons of the Périgord would miss us in town where everything is grey : the pavement, the buildings and the sky. Finally with the Internet high-speed reaching our house in the middle of the wood, it was possible to work and live there. And we are glad to be able to share it with you now.
• Maisons de famille où ma grand-mère était revenue vivre pour sa retraite après 70 ans à courir le monde. Elle trouvait qu'il faisait trop bon vivre en Périgord pour aller voir ailleurs & où derrière chaque virage, il y a toujours de beaux paysages & de belles demeures. Mon père a oeuvré 30 ans pour réveiller cette belle au bois dormant en lui donnant l'essentiel eau & électricité. Nous avons pris la relève ses 30 dernières années pour magnifier ces lieux dans leur écrin de verdure.
Trop souvent privés de vacances, nous savons à quel point ce sont des moments précieux & sommes navrées de voir certains abuser de l'attrait du Périgord Noir, des richesses de son patrimoine pour se dispenser d'être accueillant. Alors nous essayons par nos conseils, tout en vous laissant libre de vos choix, de vous guider vers ce que le Périgord a de meilleur à offrir pour un séjour mémorable qui vous le fasse apprécier autant que nous l'aimons depuis le berceau.
• My Grand mother used to live there. She's been traveling all the around the world and has decided that the Périgord was the right place to get retired, with beautiful landscapes, houses and castles behind every curves. Then my dad gave us some advice for the renovation of that house and we've been working on this farmhouse for the last sixteen years to bring it back to life and to give to this Cocoon all the today's comfort . During your stay, we will give all our best addresses for you to appreciate this part of France as we do since we are born.