"The distinctive beauty and charm of 'DEER HOUSE' sets it apart from the rest." Relax and enjoy a 'Quiet Cottage Life' in the Dordogne, Beautiful views, built in 1700's, - true hospitality.
This character cottage awaits those looking for seclusion, privacy and romance. 'DEER HOUSE' nested in it's own valley has it all; Decorated with taste, fully equipped kitchen, centrally heated, fireplaces, exposed, beams, private garden & terrace, BBQ, table tennis, flat screen TV DVD, WIFI & parking.
Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, gas cooker & microwave. The main kitchen with large workstation, table & chairs, french doors leading out onto private terrace with teak table and chairs and garden bench. The kitchen provides a working chimney for those on vacation during both the autumn and winter months. The Morning room leads off the main kitchen, a lovely cozy room to take your morning coffee or sit peacefully reading a book. The Morning room holds a great library of both books and DVD's - flat-screen TV with both English & French channels; Enjoy the sunshine, bird song and views of the gardens beyond whilst taking your morning coffee.
Sit and relax in the Drawing room offering peace, sunshine and views of the gardens - comfortable sofa and easy chairs rest by the stone fireplace. Bookshelf with a good selection of books - buffet with glassware. An interesting selection of pictures adorn the walls - for those wishing for romance, light the candles and relax.
Double bedroom. Wake to bird song in this pretty but simple room. Wooden painted floors, writing table stands by the window, large butlers tray sits waiting by your bed ready for morning coffee, antique pictures of country scenes and a large cozy bed awaits. En suite bathroom with large walk in shower. Views from the bedroom overlooks the gardens.
Twin room. This room is the only room upstairs where you will find a large twin room with french beds, furnished simply but fresh and bright.
The third bedroom is a secret bedroom situated underneath the morning room. Simply furnished with french lit bateau style bed. Beautiful stone flooring - window overlooking the gardens. A quiet and peaceful room.
Second bathroom with large walk-in shower services the twin room and the secret bedroom.
All linens are provided including towels.
Separate laundry room with stainless steel laundry sink, washing machine, ironing board and iron. Hoover.
Acesso de hóspedes
Guests have their own terrace and garden with BBQ area. When I'm in residence, come help me pick vegetables/salads/herbs growing during the season in the potager, all organic - I'm more than happy to share at a small cost. A special seating area of tranquility under the oaks where over a 100 crystals lay buried - very special for those wishing to meditate or just a quiet moment in thought.
I am more than happy to shop at our local market buying fabulous seasonal vegetables and fruits for those wishing to have their shopping waiting in the house upon arrival, free of charges.
Games - Table tennis, croquet, badminton, & french boules. Board games are also available in the Morning room.
Free car parking at the front of the property upon entering.
Many walks straight from your door in the hope of sighting deer or even wild boar in the right season. Corpu live in our fields, watch them eat and play. For bird enthusiasts, we have our own residential woodpeckers and a great variety of European species including our own residential pheasant! Our woodlands abound with Flora and Fauna and in the seasons, collect walnuts, truffles, fungi, i.e. champigion, herbs and much more, all just a step away............
Interação com hóspedes
When in residence, I like to greet my guests and invite them to drinks on the terrace in summer or inside during cooler climes. During the summer months and my organic vegetables/herbs are plenty, I offer my guests to buy at low cost saving them both time and money. Before arrival I offer to buy provisions allowing guests to relax upon arrival. Bookings for local restaurants upon request and information as to where to visit places of interest in the local area and beyond.
Outras coisas a ter em conta
Long term rentals are available over both summer and winter periods at special rates. For those guests booking longer periods, a month or more, will be responsible for their own cleaning of the property unless requested, if so, there will be the normal cleaning fee of Euro 60.
I am more than happy to buy food to place in the property (free of charge) ready for your arrival. For those preferring organic, seasonal vegetables, eggs and wines can also be ordered, however, I do need notice allowing time to ensure that your goods are in your property ready for your arrival, this is a free service.
PLEASE NOTE FOR YOUR COMFORT THE FOLLOWING RULES DURING YOUR VACATION.
Children: It is the full responsibility of parents to ensure their own children's' safety both inside and outside the property at all times.
* Please Note: policy with Boots and Shoes: Please remove all boots and shoes during wet weather/winter seasons. No shoes allowed on chairs/sofas/beds - all marks/stains will be charged for.
1. No Smoking is allowed on the property at any given time - this applies both internal and external.
2. PETS: Owners are responsible for any messes made by their pet in the garden and the disposing in the correct manner. Please do not leave your dog alone in the property in cases of: Damage to furnishings or continuous barking.
3. For your own safety and that of the house, the BBQ must be extinguished after use to avoid fire risk to the surrounding area. Candles if lit must also be extinguished after use; a candle snuffer is provided in the dining room. The above must not be left unattended when out for the day/evening.
4. It is recommended that you keep interior lights switched off if windows and doors are to be left open in the evening or if lights are left on then please ensure your windows and doors remain closed to avoid attracted flying insects by the artificial light after dusk. Please close all external doors at night due to wild animals wondering in to the property.
5. When going out, please ensure all doors are locked and you have your keys with you.
All garbage must be taken to bins provided next to the Marie (mayor's) office in Coutures. Please ensure you place your rubbish/garbage/bottles in the correct bins designated. No garbage MUST be left at the property.
5. 'DEER HOUSE' and gardens are run organically and we would therefore ask for you to be aware of this. Please DO NOT use bleach in the house or any chemicals. The house is not on the mains sewage and therefore flushing sanitary pads, tampons or condoms will not only block the drainage system but necessitate the call out of a plumber which could take anything up to 48hrs before the house is back on normal facilities - any cost incurred will be charged to guests.
6. I have working cats on the property who are completely independent. Please do not feed or encourage into the property.
7. The paperbacks are provided on trust; please do not remove them from the property, they are there for you and other guests enjoyment. Please ensure when borrowing DVDs that they are returned before vacating the property - charges for lost or non return will be charged accordingly, 15 euro per DVD.
8. No additional overnight guests without the owners permission, There will be a small fee per person per night if not booked through Airbnb.
9. All vehicles must be parked in the designated parking area at the entrance of the property.
10. We do ask that noise is kept to a minimum after 11pm.
11. Please be aware that any noise during the night will be that of wild animals, usually the Deer entering the garden.
12. Please do not leave lights on or doors/windows open during the night. When using the central heating system, please do not leave on when not in the property unless severe weather conditions.
Nikita was born to dance, act, sing and perform and worked in theatre, film and TV. I have traveled most of my life having completed over 120 house moves! I don't do the word 'settle' even though at one stage I thought France just might be my final destination, too many places to choose from. I am an entrepreneur and always working on business ideas and at present I have written a reality TV show which I would love to show in the UK initially. My present business is sourcing for interiors setting up business in Dubai - my style is old, not so old with a touch of Boho, I love to travel and I think my favorite places have to be India and Africa - I love these countries and the people. Having lived abroad for so long it is difficult to know where I belong anymore, I am definitely International. I love my return trips to London which usually happens twice a year as the city still gives me that buzz and reminds me of all the fun I had when I was at Drama school. I am a very energetic person and find it difficult to sit still when there is so much to do and see in life. My hobbies are, Music, Theatre, Opera, Rock Festivals, Movies,Architecture, Cooking, Fine Dining, Tennis, Swimming, Walking, Pilates, TRX training, Gardening, Reading, Environmental and many more and oh! yes, always looking for that next opportunity for business. I love life and try to live the dream. I love meeting people from different parts of the world and learning about their cultures, where their work takes them. Unfortunately I am not always at the house when visitors arrive but I still like to hear from them and to know their experiences of their holiday. I love to sit over a glass of wine or cocktails with my guests hearing all about their travels, so many interesting stories to tell, all so wonderful and I'm so lucky having met fabulous people now friends through Airbnb. I'm now looking forward to meeting more new people and hopeful friends through Mister Airbnb. My motto - Don't try to hold on to the moment - "Kiss the joy as it flies".