A beautiful beach house built in the late 19th century that used to provide storage for the boats of our family's mariner ancestors. Located in front of a sandy beach less than 10 meters from the sea, it rests in perfect harmony with nature and it is 100% eco-friendly. It was freshly renovated in June 2016, while keeping the unique characteristics of its history and tradition. It is the ideal place to unwind, relax and experience the incredible sensation of living by the sea.
Fourkovouni is a picturesque fishing village nestled across the shoreline of a small bay. It is the first one you see on your left as you enter the gulf of Milos. It is strategically placed facing south, so it always remains protected from north winds. Fourkovouni has been officially listed as a traditional settlement and has a stunning view of the island's natural gulf. The few houses of the village which locals call "sirmata" (in plural, "sirma" in singular) are rare buildings carved in the mountain's foot, painted white with colorful doors and windows. They used to store boats, but now they are mostly used as seaside resorts.
Acesso de hóspedes
The closest place to Fourkovouni is Plathiena beach which is 750 meters away and has a canteen with free wifi access.
Plakes and Triovasalos are the nearest villages. Triovasalos offers almost all you will need for your stay: supermarkets, grocery stores, a fish market and a butcher with local products. You can get there by foot in approximately half an hour or by car in about 8 minutes.
The distance from the capital, Plaka, is about 45 minutes by foot or 10 minutes by car.
Driving to the main port, Adamas, will take you about 25 minutes. From there you will need another 5 minutes to reach the airport.
Outras coisas a ter em conta
If you require cleaning services, please let us know in advance so we have enough time to arrange it for you. If you do not, we kindly ask you to take care of the house and keep the surrounding environment clean.
1. The house has almost one and a half century of history. Please take good care of it and keep it clean and tidy.
2. There are two floors. You will rent and live on the first floor but you will also have access to the ground floor via a hatch located in the kitchen floor. Please be careful of the steep staircase which may not be suitable for small children and mind your head as you pass through the hatch. The ground floor is empty and has a big door that leads directly to the beach. If you don't want to use the hatch, there are alternative paths to the beach from the first floor. You just have to walk a few more meters around the house.
3. On the inside next to the entrance of the ground floor, we have installed an additional shower which offers a convenient way to remove the salt water and sand after you come out of the sea.
4. Please try to keep the sand out of the house and off the beds. You should never lie on the sheets wearing sunscreen. We also kindly ask you to keep indoor and outdoor furniture and bed linen dry.
5. All windows of the house feature retractable window screens. Please put them up before closing the windows, otherwise the screens may be damaged.
6. The water supply comes from a well that is carved into the side of the mountain. It is not endless, so please spend it with care.
7. There is a 200 liters solar water heating system that is adequate to cover the daily needs of 4 adults. Please mind hot water consumption during cloudy days.
8. The house runs on solar power. Please do not use hairdryers or other devices that consume vast amounts of energy. In case you have such a device, please let us know in advance.
9. Please do not waste the house's energy reserves. Turn off the lights and the fans when you do not need them, charge your devices only during the day and do not forget to unplug them when they are fully charged.
10. There is a gas stove you can use for preparing meals and hot beverages.
11. Pets are allowed but not in the bedrooms. If you are going to bring pets with you, please let us know in advance.
12. There is convenient parking space located about 100 meters from the house.
13. If you require Wi-Fi, you will be given a credit card size portable 4G router you can have with you at all times, even when you are not in the house. Following the internet service provider's fair usage policy, your maximum consumption should not exceed 1,5GB per day.
14. Please respect the environment and keep the village, the sea and the beach clean. You may dispose your trash to the public garbage bin which is located a few meters from the parking area.
15. If you require a regular cleaning service please let us know in advance so we may have enough time to arrange it.
We are permanent Milos residents and we aim to provide service 24/7. Please feel free to contact us at anytime and ask for anything you may need.
I was lucky enough to be born and raised in Milos so I am well acquainted with the island life. I am always available and happy to help. I will make sure that you have a wonderful stay!