Your keyed room sleeps 2 & has private living space w/ TV. Enjoy many common areas including the backyard. Shared kitchen & baths are oversized with dedicated personal space. Overnight park in the rear lot & walk to shops, restaurants, & public dock!
The old Gilliland Hotel was built in 1898 & we are enjoying preserving its history as we continue to renovate. Lodging is located on the second and third floors and is accessed by the original wooden staircase in the main entrance off Virginia Avenue. The rear staircase can be used to access overnight parking and backyard which overlooks the bird sanctuary just off Walnut Cove. Please note* for safety reasons we require all guests be over age 7. We love our furry family members too but reserve the right to decide terms for your pets stay on a case-by-case basis.
Acesso de hóspedes
The first floor main entrance and rear exit remain unlocked. You'll be given a pass code to access your private accommodations. The laundry facilities and backyard is open to all guests.
Interação com hóspedes
We are more virtual hosts because live out of state and drive up to the property on weekends and holidays to continue with renovations and visit with family. After confirming your reservation I'll send you my phone number so you may call at your convenience to finalize details like door access code and estimated check out time. Please reach out to me no less than 24 hours before your arrival or we will assume you have cancelled your reservation.
*Please note we are not wheelchair accessible. The accommodations are on the 2nd and 3rd floor. Please enter via the original red door entrance and stairwell located on Virginia Ave. The old hotel does not have an elevator, however handicapped parking is curbside and directly in front. Free overnight guest parking is in rear lot.
*For safety reasons we cannot accommodate children.
* No smoking ANYWHERE on the property. Including at the front entrance, on the back deck or in the parking lot. In the 1950s the building almost burnt completely to the ground so we exercise no leniency with this rule.
* Please do not attempt to use the fireplaces. They are the old coal fireplaces' used to heat each room in old the hotel and are not operational.
*Finalize your reservation with me by phone no later than 24 hours before your arrival
*Pet accommodations and check out times agreed upon by phone will be confirmed my email with read receipt
* PLS no laundry before 7 a.m. or after 10 p.m.
*Be courteous of others if your travels require you to pass through common areas of the building late at night
* phone service is limited to your personal cell phone device
* we supply linens, housewares and basic toiletries. Perishables are often left by previous guests for your use. Consider paying it forward upon your departure.