Private bedroom in Old Towne Alexandria, 3 blocks from king street, 5 blocks to metro. walkscore of 92 "walker's paradise" . Many amenities.
This is a Master bedroom with it's own lock, a comfy queen size memory foam bed and flat screen TV, in a quaint town-home in Old Town Alexandria. 5 blocks to the metro, one metro stop from Ronald Reagan National Airport. Walk to shops and restaurants in charming Old Town Alexandria or hop on the metro to visit the monuments and museums of downtown Washington DC. Easy ride to George Washington University or Georgetown University.Enjoy an evening on the historic waterfront or sit by the fireplace at Murphy's Irish pub during the winter. Starbucks coffee just one block away :) The Backdoor is used to enter and exit the house. You have to go through an alleyway off Princess street to get to the back of the house.
* Wireless internet
* central heating and cooling
* Memory foam mattress for a comfy nights sleep
* full kitchen with self-service coffee and tea station
* shared bathroom with shower, tub and new bath towels
* office work station including computer, printer, fax and scanner, internet access
* Unlimited free phone calling in the US and Canada, using magic Jack
* 32" flat screen TV in your bedroom with unlimited streaming netflix
Save money by cooking your own meals in the kitchen. Get work done in the office nook or watch a movie or some premium TV episodes on your personal TV.
Perfect for Tourists, business travelers, Interns or those looking to relocate to the area.
Unless otherwise specified, Check out is 11am, and check in is 2pm, I sometimes cannot have the room ready until 7pm, but you are welcome to leave your bags in the Kitchen, until I can get your room ready.
I do provide clean linens and towels, and we keep the bathroom stocked with body wash, shampoo and conditioner) Makeup remover wipes (please use these and not the washcloths or hand towels or regular towels for removing makeup) Do not bring your own linens, pillows or sleeping bags etc. Please remove your makeup before you go to bed.
I try to keep the house stocked with the following food items for your use and enjoyment:
We have filtered water available at the kitchen sink (and a cold pitcher in the fridge)
Fresh baked Cookies and Hershey's Kisses
Bread (butter, nutella, peanut butter and jam)
Jams: (strawberry, raspberry, orange, apricot) On the door of the fridge
Cereal (about 6 varieties) On top of the fridge
Coffee (creamer, sugar, splenda)
Espresso, Tea bags (black, green,decaf) and Honey. Standard condiments (salt, pepper, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, steak sauce etc) including some salad dressings.
There is a map in every room to help you navigate the local neighborhood:
You must go down to king street and the waterfront, and check out our timeline in the breezeway by the historic waterfront, you can roam the same streets George Washington used to travel by :) There are also many amazing shops and restaurants (too many to mention really) so please window shop to your hearts content :) The King street Trolley is free, the stop nearest the house is the Fayette street stop , I usually walk down to the waterfront, and catch the trolley back (since it waits by the waterfront , and has heat and ac) :) We also have a great farmers market in front of City hall every Saturday morning from 7am-Noon at 301 King street.
Trader Joes (for groceries) is just 7 blocks away northeast at the corner of Asaph and Pendleton,And Harris teeter which is open 24 hours is just 8 blocks away (1 block north of trader joes), you do get full kitchen privileges, but please don't experiment in my kitchen, and do not use metal utensils on my non-stick pans. You must rinse all dishes, and place them in the dishwasher. There is a fire extinguisher and first aid kit below the guest map ... just in case :)
For Quick Food, at a good price, close by I recommend:
1) Shanghai peking, (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) N Henry Street you can order by phone, their menu is online, and then walk half a block North on Henry 20 mins later, and pickup your order (URL HIDDEN)
2) Dominos Pizza at 500 N henry (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) has a carry out special, large 3 topping pizza, mon-thurs for $8
3) 5 guys burgers and fries 107 N Fayette street (3 blocks away) (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) call ahead, and your burger will be ready by the time you get there.
For sit down Restaurants I like:
1) Hard times cafe (for their chili dishes) including a delicious vege chili 1404 King street has large portions and american food :)
2) Red Rocks Pizza (has gourmet pizza) 904 King street
3) Eamons a dublin chipper has great fish and chips and Guinness 728 King street
4) Hawwi ethiopian cafe and restuarant just two blocks away at 1125 queen street.
5) We have three Thai Restarants on king street, they are all good, listed by preference: Sang Jun, Mai Thai, Sam Phao
6) Paradiso Pizza at 124 King street has great pizza and 237 beers ! :)
For Pubs I recommend:
1) Murphys Irish Pub (they often have a fire in the winter and live folk music year round)
2) O'connells (another Irish pub)
3) Union street public house
5) Virtue Feed and Grain
For Karaoke and Fun Bar Environment I like:
1) Virtue Feed and grain
2) The Rock it Grill
For Romantic Dinners (these can be pricey, but have great ambiance)
2) The Chart House (overlooking the water, and great seafood)
For Coffee Drinkers we have free coffee, but if you prefer to buy
1)Starbucks just 1 block north on Henry at 540 N Henry street
2)Mishas coffee shop 4 blocks away at 102 S Patrick street (at the intersection of King and Patrick streets)
3) Killer ESP (espresso, sorbet, pie) has coffee drinks and Pies .... and also super delicious Gelato .. definitely recommend the Gelato here :)
1) Gelato at Killer ESP (espresso, sorbet, pie) 4 blocks away at 1012 King street
2) Alexandria Cupcake 1022 King street
3) Ben and Jerrys ice cream (try the chocolate therapy ice cream) 13 blocks away at 103 S Union street. This is right by the waterfront, so stop by the waterfront and grab some ice cream to eat while your on the boardwalk :)
4) Casa Rosada for a nice selection of Gelatos 111 S Payne street (6 blocks away)
There are many other great choices, if you don't see something you like just walk along king street until you find something that suits your tastes :)
For my international travelers that want cell phone service while they are here. There is a T-mobile store just 4 blocks away at the corner of King street and Payne street (t-mobile works on the GSM network, so you can probably use your phone from Europe, with a new sim card provided by t-mobile. Thier rates are 50-70 per month.
I hope this guide helps you live like a local, no matter how long you are staying in the area.
If you have any tips, suggestions complaints or any other feedback, please feel free to call or message me.
Will Fagg RN
Acesso de hóspedes
private room, shared kitchen and bathroom.
Interação com hóspedes
I drop in from time to time, but cannot guarantee we will get to meet.
Outras coisas a ter em conta
Now we have an out door park, 2 blocks away that has an outdoor ping pong table, paddles and balls are hanging in the kitchen :)
By booking here you agree to stay in any of the three rooms listed here (I sometimes need to change your room to optimize my calendar) all 3 rooms are virtually identical, and all are a great value.
Your profile must have a clear face picture before check in.
You must list all guests who will be staying with you in the house.
Do not open any windows, NO SMOKING, NO PETS.
The washer and dryer are only for guests who are staying longer than 7 days.
No loud noises before 10am or after 10pm. This includes using a blender in the kitchen and doing laundry, do not start doing laundry after 8pm.
No Laundry on Sundays
Rinse all dishes before placing in Dishwasher (do not leave in sink)
Please leave your shoes at the door.
All of your personal items must be stored in your room.
Be courteous to other guests :)
Unless otherwise specified, Check out is 11am, and check in is 2pm, on workdays I sometimes cannot have the room ready until 7pm, but you are welcome to leave your bags in the kitchen, until I can get your room ready.
Pizza chef and Inventor of the worlds most portable brick oven: Tinybrickoven , like us on or search for us on the web :)
I am also a nurse during the day, I really enjoy taking care of my patients :) I live in Old Town Alexandria, I enjoy dancing, happy hours with friends, dining out and quiet nights in from time to time. I also enjoy meeting new people, and sharing my knowledge of the area :) I renovate homes or fix cars on the weekends :)