Secluded Grade II listed farmhouse with panoramic views across the Yorkshire Dales. Newly renovated and furnished. It's the perfect place to get away from it all and a great base for adventures in the great outdoors, whilst WiFi, Freesat TVs and table tennis mean you'll always be entertained. Suitable for families or groups. Child- and dog-friendly.
This lovely farmhouse cottage offers complete seclusion from the hustle and bustle of normal daily life. With a large garden, stunning panoramic views of the Yorkshire Dales, and sheep and horses in the neighbouring fields, there is plenty of rural charm! If you're looking for the ultimate escape, whether for a long weekend of reading books or a week's adventuring in the Dales, we think you couldn't do better than our house.
The house is an ideal holiday base for a large family, couples with children or a group of walking enthusiasts perhaps. We have a table tennis table in the garage to keep guests of all ages entertained, lots of board games for lazy / rainy days, and our garden furniture and BBQ (available from May onwards) are perfect for al fresco summer afternoons.
The house has just been completely redecorated and tastefully furnished. We hope you love staying in it as much as we do!
Acesso de hóspedes
During your stay you will have exclusive access to the house and its wraparound garden. If you have horses, our neighbouring stables can be hired by separate arrangement.
Interação com hóspedes
Our wonderful sister (in law) Mary will be here to welcome you on check-in and show you what's what in the house. If you have any questions or issues at all during your stay, she will be on hand to help. She lives in the village, and keeps her own chickens, goats and the odd guinea fowl - if you need to buy eggs, or your kids (or you!) would like to learn how to feed a kid goat, she would be very happy to oblige!
Outras coisas a ter em conta
We have a dog/baby gate fixed to the bottom of the stairs, and a cot (minus linens) and high chair if you don't fancy bringing your own.
If you are planning to bring a dog or other pet with you, kindly let us know when making your booking request how many and what type of pet (and if a dog, what breed).
- No more than the 10 person maximum (excluding infants) permitted in the house at any time.
- The number of guests specified at the time of booking is the number of permitted guests. We plan linen and towel orders accordingly and so we regret that last-minute additions to guest numbers cannot be accommodated.
- No muddy boots in the house please. Please remove all shoes before walking on rugs / carpets.
- In case of any spillages / breakages or other damage, please notify us immediately, and these must be paid for.
- Please eat only in the kitchen and dining room (or the garden!).
- This is a no-smoking house. You are welcome to smoke outside but please dispose of all cigarette butts safely.
- No parties please.
- Please do not feed or pet the horses in the neighbouring field. The horses do not belong to us.
- Dogs (and other pets) are not permitted upstairs or on soft furnishings. Please use the dog gate provided at the bottom of the stairs. And we like only clean pets in the house please!
- If your pets foul in the garden (or anywhere else!) please clear up after them.
- Please keep dogs on a lead at all times when out walking, so as not to disturb the neighbouring farm animals.
I and my husband Arthur are a professional couple who love travel, adventure sports and the odd cookery course. We love hosting our friends and family in our home, but owing to our jobs we have a bit of a split life with one foot in the North and one in the South, so our home is available for you to enjoy all to yourselves whenever we're at the opposite end of the country!