Quinta Mar y Estrellas is a beautiful property on the gorgeous unspoiled beach of Playa Hermosa in Huehuete, Nicaragua, just 90 minutes from Managua.
The Main house on the property is perfect for a relaxing private beach getaway for a couple or a small family. The uniquely-designed house is built of tropical woods and overlooks a pristine beach.
Discover the unspoiled beauty of Nicaragua's Pacific coast, unwind and enjoy life at a slower pace, and practice your Spanish with the locals!
The Main House is quite unique in its design, and stands out among the neighbouring houses (especially with the orange tower and solar panels!), which consist mainly of weekend beach houses for people living in Managua. It is extremely quiet apart from the constant sound of the waves, although on weekends you might see a bit more action on the beach.
The house was designed to have a rustic beachhouse feel, although it was built using high-quality construction materials on earthquake-resistant foundations. Because of the constant land breeze, there is no need for air-conditioning. All rooms are equipped with ceiling fans, allowing the screened windows to be left open at night.
Acesso de hóspedes
In addition to hanging out on the property, a 20-km stretch of pristine beach is at your doorstep for long walks. Walk to Huehuete village for a beer (or bring your wine!) and a meal of fresh fish at Rancho Segundo's (4-star food in 1-star decor), take a short drive to La Boquita for some surf lessons or to Casares to watch the fishermen come in.
Interação com hóspedes
We have a wonderful family of caretakers living on-site who are responsible for maintenance, security and even preparing your meals if you so desire! They love having guests and will help you with anything you need, including hiding the local rooster who starts crowing at around 4 a.m....
Outras coisas a ter em conta
The closest market town is Diriamba, about a 40-minute drive, where you can stock up on food and other necessities. There is also a convenience store for emergencies 10 minutes away from the property on foot.
1. If this is your first time to Nicaragua, please learn about this wonderful country in advance. We strive to provide a lovely relaxing beach experience to our guests, in a poor Central American country where living standards may not always be up to North American or European expectations.
2. As this is a beach house, we need to manage our use of tap water and electricity. Please do not let the showers run when you are not washing under them (!), and do not overload the electrical system with any additional equipment.
3. This is a calm area especially suitable for relaxing and unplugging. Please, no parties and no visitors who are not registered guests.
4. Please do not use the bathroom towels from your room on the beach.
5. There is parking for a maximum of two cars inside the gates of the Main house.
We were looking for a place in the sun to escape winter and spend vacations with family and friends. While going up and down the Pacific coast of Nicaragua, we found this lovely, quiet beach and decided to build a home where we could be in close communion with the sea and the stars!...hence Quinta Mar y Estrellas. We are happy to make it available to vacationers seeking a relaxing beach vacation in a country as yet relatively undiscovered by tourists.