James' place is a small and cosy apartment to stay in, just outside of the busy parts of Shibuya, meaning it will be nice and quiet, come night time.
It took me about 12 minutes to walk to and from Shibuya Station to James' apartment, and slightly longer with my luggage.
James provided me with body soap, shampoo, conditioner, hair dryer, towels.
James was responsive to my requests for help and this made it easy to ask for a rescheduling when my previous plans fell through, and when it came to asking about the washing machine in his apartment.
Tips. At the time of my visit:
- There was little room for large suitcases, if you intend to occupy both beds.
- The toilet paper hanger for toilet paper rolls came off if knocked; I moved the roll to the upper hanger, where more convenient.
- The Wi-Fi dongle was very reliable.
- In contrast to small, and potentially dirty-seeming Japanese apartment showers, the shower at James' apartment was very pleasant.
- Moisture would build quickly (because I visited in the Winter) after I left the shower. I used the toilet fan, and opened the balcony door just a little, to mitigate condensation.