Charming Piha Tiny House in the beautiful, rugged West Coast setting of Piha Beach with a stunning view to the valleys, black sand beach and sea. Wake up to this view daily and walk out to the sea facing sun-drenched deck surrounded by native bush.
By popular demand a dedicated wifi has been installed. Details revealed in House manual once booking has been made.
Charming Piha Tiny House named the “Doris Jean Retreat" is situated in the beautiful, rugged West Coast setting of Piha Beach with a stunning view to the valleys, black sand beach and sea. Wake up to this view daily with a sun-drenched Tiny House and outdoor deck surrounded by native bush; at night enjoy a glass of wine looking out to the magnificent sunset over the Tasman, and the crystalline views of the extraordinarily bright Southern night sky full of stars. The Tiny House includes a full kitchen, bathroom, open-plan living area, loft bedroom with skylight and a king-sized bed, and a bedroom that fits a single bed. There's also a large sea-facing deck, with a Cubana off the lower deck however, the cubana is off limits to guests. It is used for storage.
This an independently run establishment by locals!
Acesso de hóspedes
On Arrival please use the parking space just off the road, by the red letterbox. There is enough space for two cars.
Unless you have a 4WD, please do not attempt to park down the gravel driveway as you are likely to get stuck!
If arriving at night, there is a small sensor LED light that will light up the path to the front door. The round lily pad concrete stepping stones are spaced quite far apart so you may have to hop, skip, and jump!
The key is placed in a combination lock box right next to the door. You will receive the combination code upon confirmation of your booking.
Internet: request upon arrival
Interação com hóspedes
Interaction between owner and guests by text or email. Owner lives in New York.
There are 2 property managers who live in the street. Zara and Julie
Outras coisas a ter em conta
Bambooloo composting toilet - remember this is a green eco - friendly tinyhouse!
The “Bambooloo" is incredibly easy to use - just like a regular toilet.
Instead of flushing, simply cover with a handful of wood chips (a mixture of wood shavings and coconut husks) from the bucket next to the toilet. Please put only organic matter in the toilet. Toilet paper is fine, but any plastics, tampons should be disposed of in the rubbish.
Further instructions are in the Piha tinyhouse manual left on the middle seating as you enter. One bucket will last up to 5 days for two people with regular use.
Full instructions are in manual if staying longer.
1. Check in time is after 2pm and check out time is 10am. Unless alternative times have been arranged in advance.
2. NO SMOKING inside the tiny house. Please smoke outside and dispose of your butts
3. Maximum number of guest staying overnight is 4 adults
4. Please be considerate of the neighbours, especially noise after 10pm. We like it peaceful in Piha
5. Please leave the tiny house as you found it. Please wash all dishes and put away after use.
6. Please conserve water. the tinyhouse is on tank water supply, so don't leave taps running and limit your shower time.
7. Please only use natural soaps and detergents. The grey water from the shower and sink water the garden.
8. No shoes in the loft space
9.The cubana below the tinyhouse is off limits to guests. It is used for storage.
10. This is a green eco-friendly environment