One of a group of cottages next to the owners' country house in four
acres of paddock is Catkin Cottage, a barn conversion that has retained
original charming features and is surrounded by countryside. The
fishing village of Staithes is less than two miles away and there are
amenities on site with a games room, and the owner's special event
dinners and Tai Chi tuition available. There are very good walks in the
area and the location is a good base for exploring the North York
National Park and the Yorkshire coast with Whitby only ten miles away.
* Size: Sleeps up to 2, 1 bedroom
* Nearest beach: Less than 2 miles
* Nearest amenities: Less than 2 mile
* Pets: 2 pets allowed
* Smoking: Not allowed at this property
* Rooms: Loft bedroom, open plan lounge with dining and kitchen
* Beds: 1 double bed
* Luxuries: TVs with Freeview and DVD players in all rooms, WiFi
available at extra cost
* General: Central heating, wood burning stove
* Utilities: Cooker, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher
* Other: Bed linen, towels and initial supply of logs provided.
Further supplies available at cost. Pets by arrangement at small
charge. Sorry no children under three.
* Layout: Accommodation is over two floors. Ground floor and first
* Outdoors: Terraced garden, furniture, shared games room, four acre
* Parking: Parking for one car
* Mobility: Should there be any specific health or mobility
difficulties which may affect a party member, this must be pointed
out at the initial reservation stage so that the suitability of the
property can be assessed.
Pets information: Pets are allowed at this property by prior
arrangement only. Extra charge may be payable (up to £35 per pet per
week). Please contact the holiday cottage agency directly after booking