Three storey cottage with authentic features (wooden beams throughout) in lovely village of Quentar in foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains, 20 minutes from Granada and the Alhambra Palace. Cosy and fully equipped for four persons. Close to amenities but in a peaceful environment. Free WIFI, TV, radio, washing machine, cooker, DVDs and games. Village has two supermarkets, bank, chemist, doctor's surgery, three bars, one with terrace. Great place for walking and hiking.
Cosy and comfortable authentic three storey village house with wooden beams throughout in quiet corner of the pretty village of Quentar, a lovely mountain village. The house has free WIFI, TV, radio, DVD player plus films, books, and games. The kitchen has washing machine, fridge, cooker, toaster, filter coffee machine, table and chairs. Bedroom one has a double bed and the other bedroom has two single beds, a cot is also available. Sheets and towels are provided. Both bedrooms have high, gabled ceilings There is a small balcony off the living room. Can enter on two levels, doors are wooden stable type doors. Free guitar loan for duration of your stay. Information folder in the house. There are stairs leading from the kitchen to the living room and stairs leading from the living room to the bedroom. These are quite steep so not suitable for people with mobility problems.
The house is five minutes walk to the centre of the village where there are two supermarkets and the church. A little further on you can find two bars with great tapas, and authentic tasty Andalucian cuisine, one of which has a large terrace to enjoy the sun.
There are pleasant walks to be had along the river which runs just below the village or go exploring along the paths to the mountains. The scenery here is really spectacular and the air so clean and fresh. There is a lake not far away where you can go swimming in the summer. Only 6 KM away there is the Aquaola waterpark (open in July and August) which has a very large pool with waves, spapool and a children's pool, complete with pirate ship. It has water rides and a nice open air restaurant, also lots of grass, trees and shady areas to sunbathe. There is a good bus service to Granada (very cheap), every hour from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. The journey takes about 25 minutes. The ski station of the Sierra Nevada is 40 minutes away. The Alhambra Palace is only twenty minutes drive.
The annual Quentar fiesta - Moros y Cristianos takes place from the 10th-13th September, this a very lively time in the village and is extremely popular.
I can also provide a full English breakfast on our beautiful terrace with unrivalled views of the mountains, 5 minutes walk away (main house) - (including eggs, bacon. sausage, beans, toast and coffee) for an additional 7.00 euros per person.
Ten things you might like to do hereabouts:-
1. Visit the beautiful Alhambra Palace (said to be the best preserved Arab monument in the world)
2. Explore the narrow streets of the Albaicin opposite the Alhambra and visit one of the many little Tererias ( Arab tea shops) and sample one of over a hundred different kinds of teas, coffees, infusions or shakes and/or a typical Moroccan dish.
3. Take a stroll along the river (Rio Aquas Blancas) in the valley below Quentar.
4. Visit the neighbouring town of Monachil (20 minutes by car) and take a walk to the Hanging Bridge (Puente Colgante) and see the waterfalls.
5. Explore the vicinity on one of our mountain bikes.
6. In summer visit the Aquaola water park (6 KM)and enjoy the massive swimming pool and various water rides. Great for a whole day out.
7. In wintertime, visit the southernmost ski resort in Europe - the Sierra Nevada ski station 40 minutes away and enjoy winter sports on some of the best slopes available in Europe.
8. Spend an evening at a Flamenco show in the caves of Sacromonte (Granada)
9. Go for a long or short hike in the mountains - we have many detailed maps showing hiking routes of varying length and difficulty.
10. Drive down to the Tropical Coast (1 hour) and explore some seaside villages and towns enjoying some fresh seafood al fresco.
Acesso de hóspedes
Two supermarkets, bank, chemist, bars with terrace, there is also free wifi in Los Angeles bar and in the library.
Interação com hóspedes
Only to meet and greet, otherwise to provide additional information when required, I am more than happy to answer all questions about Quentar, Granada, access to the Alhambra Palace and anything else. Having been based here for many years I am very well informed about the region. Breakfast on request at our garden terrace (NOT at the La Fuente house)with fantastic views of the mountains and valley (5 minutes walk away at our other chalet house.)
Outras coisas a ter em conta
Minimum three nights
Check in after 1 p.m.
We wish that our guests have a pleasant stay, at the same time we expect that they respect our property and report any damage, breakages etc incurred by themselves.
If glasses or mugs are broken please replace or leave 1 euro per glass broken and 2 euros per mug broken.
As we do not charge a cleaning fee, we expect guests to leave the house clean and tidy.
Este anfitrião tem 35 comentários por outras propriedades.Ver outros comentários