It's a shame there was no communication from Calvin about any of these issues during his stay, which was quite unfortunate, as we could have addressed each.
1. Yes, the studio has been updated. We have added a ceiling fan and we rotate the linen, so if Calvin had asked, we would have been more than happy to supply him the white doona cover rather than the pastel one, and also plenty of sofa cushions and any extra soft furnishings. The photos have been taken by an Airbnb certified photographer and accurately represent the studio space.
2. Again, we rotate the towels and linen, and would have supplied brand new ones on request if he wasn't happy with the clean white ones he had.
3. The studio was spotless on Calvin's arrival. It is professionally cleaned, and we have had only compliments (as reviewed by fellow Airbnbers previously) about the state of the studio. After the 1 month stay, without cleaning, dust and cobwebs may occur.
4. The bed is a Queen size bed, not a 'twin bed'.
5. We will be taking a closer look at the kitchen faucet and chrome on the shower enclosure. It would be the surface enamel that would be the problem, not the 'quality of the water'.
6. The bathroom and kitchen do not 'sit in the patio' - that's an interesting one.... The studio is a stand-alone building, and if the tenants choose, they can open up the double doors which opens out into the undercover area for great natural light, or they can close the doors. It is quite clear in the (Airbnb certified) photos that anyone sitting under the patio is quite separated from the studio if the tenants inside wish. We entertained just once in this shared undercover area during Calvin's 4 week stay.
7. We almost always time it when there are no guests, however for Calvin's 4 week stay, we needed to use the washing machine, just once, after coordinating the best time to do this with him.
8. It is Autumn, and we have nature close by - a fragrant Frangipani and other plants do tend to drop leaves. The bouganvillea drops purple petals. The leaves were swept every few days (I have a feeling Calvin has come from apartment living direct from the U.S.), and additionally when we were away, by my parents.
9. The internet extender was occasionally dropping out for Calvin (who was highly communicative, out of character it now seems, about this concern), so we engaged an IT consultant to trouble shoot, and ultimately added another new extender, running three wi-fi signals down to the studio, covering all bases, which ensured there was no further issue.
To sum up, it's disappointing Calvin chose not to bring up these points during his stay, rather, saving it to express these after he had left. The studio, and Airbnb for that matter, doesn't tend to suit everyone. I have a feeling, after reading his comments (some actually rather spurious), a stay in a hotel or serviced apartment may have suited this couple better.