Heaven in the Oaks
An attractive, ultra-romantic, almost-a-cottage Bed&Breakfast is waiting for you in our restored 1930s-era vacation home just outside celebrated Healdsburg. We consider our B&B as a destination in itself for those who want to take full advantage of the delights of the Healdsburg-area Wine Country while at the same time luxuriating in the woodsy serenity of a secluded corner of northern Sonoma County—the historic Fitch Mountain district--and enjoying its recreational opportunities. Not least, it is the IDEAL place to celebrate that special occasion or birthday, and we can help you do that… (We are rated the “#1 Airbnb Rental in Healdsburg,” out of 100: (Website hidden by Airbnb)
At Heaven in the Oaks, you can relax in your own private, quiet patio--your own secluded retreat: from your room you can see nothing but trees. You can take a walk or jog through the oaks and redwoods--a great path to the 173-acre Fitch Mountain Nature Preserve (called “Healdsburg’s Jewel”) actually starts right outside your front door. You can swim/kayak in the Russian River (5 minutes below your patio)… or drive/Lyft/Uber to Healdsburg’s historic, colorful Plaza, shops, restaurants, & tasting rooms. Now, to be clear, don’t expect to be “right on the Plaza”; we’re a beautiful oasis in the country. But the Healdsburg Plaza is just a quick 3.1-mile, 9-minute drive--honest! (Sure, Fitch Mountain Road is a bit narrow and curvy in places--it hugs the river--, but drive slowly and enjoy its “vacation-cottage landscape.” And yes, there are two uphill curves just before our home, but think “charming hill town in Italy”!)
We have only one guest room--and it really is almost a separate, private cottage (attached to the house, but totally insulated from it: a 200 sq.ft room + bathroom & 200 sq.ft. patio), with its own private entry and parking. Our objective is to give you an enjoyable stay, right from the moment you check in. And we’re “on-site hosts”--ready to give you whatever you need.
When you arrive, you will be greeted with a glass of wine (do you like red, rosé, or white?) and an array of tasty snacks. But wait!--that is just the beginning. Being the ONLY TRUE B&B in the Healdsburg area, we serve you a bounteous, gourmet, home-made breakfast (we invite you to factor this breakfast-for-two into the price of a stay here), with a lengthy menu of delicious selections, and a choice of times (crack of dawn or sleep in?), delivered to your door. Enjoy morning-fresh eggs from our four hens, Samantha, Charlotte, Miranda, and Carrie (when cooperating). Our guests love our unique offerings! As one guest wrote: "I didn’t have to get dressed to go out or to a common dining room. I stayed in my room, no make-up, hair in a mess and in my pj's! They brought me what I wanted, when I wanted it, hot and fresh to my door.” Another said that she felt she was a princess being pampered. Even if you’re not a princess, we want you to feel special.
The photos we have posted on this site will give you an exact picture of your room, and we recommend looking at them carefully. You will enjoy:
● A cozy, light-filled sitting room-bedroom with
• gorgeous, spacious armoire • elegant furnishings & bamboo hardwood floor • writing table and comfortable chairs • queen-size bed • private patio • two windows overlooking a wooded creek & canyon (where you may see our deer “family” placidly grazing just a few feet below your window) • electric fireplace • ceiling fan & air-conditioner • other amenities, including mini-fridge, microwave oven, single-shot tea- and coffee-maker, large-screen TV, “legacy” DVD player + DVDs, total picnic needs for the river, iron & board, robes & slippers, free, secure Wi-fi internet, and… paintings by Kathryn. (Please note that it is a room not a suite! There is plenty of room for two suitcases, but guests with 3 or more may find it tight. No need to put anything in the car trunk, though: we’ll be glad to store anything you want--suitcases, wine (we promise not to open your wine bottles), etc.).
● Totally private, connecting bathroom with large, just-installed walk-in shower, towel-warmer, heater, etc. Mosaic floor by Kathryn, of course.
● Reserved parking spot right in front—large & all for you--& private front entrance
● French doors opening onto a walled, flower-filled private patio, with gate and complete privacy, for dining and relaxing, with a transparent roof over the table against the rain and a radiant gas heater for alfresco breakfasts on chilly mornings. Like your room, it’s filled with art by Kathryn: mosaic stepping stones, mirrors & frames… And oh, the starry sky above (moon & clouds permitting)! And you’ll enjoy “our own” chickadees (bathing in the fountain), hummingbirds (in the Abutilon bush), and Steller’s jays (waiting to taste your breakfast).